The fifth park that was added to the park system was Centennial Park in 1960. Centennial Park, located at 16th Street and New York, is the second largest of all existing parks with 39 acres. The main function of this park is an outdoor sports complex, which consists of 8 lighted ballfields, and a swimming pool. We have security lighting, playgrounds, swings, slides, climbers, and five shelter houses.
From the North or South:
From the North: 65 Hwy (Limit Avenue) to 16th Street, turn left. Continue on 16th Street approx. 2.3 miles.
From the South: 65 Hwy (Limit Avenue) to 16th Street, turn right. Continue on 16th Street approx. 2.3 miles.
Centennial Pool will be on your right. For other areas of the park, continue on 16th St. and turn right on New York Ave. The playground area, shelters, and ballfields will be on your right.
From the East or West:
From the East: 50 Hwy (Broadway) to New York Avenue, turn left.
From the West: 50 Hwy (Broadway) to New York Avenue, turn right.
At New York Avenue & 16th Street, turn right for Centennial Pool or continue straight for other areas of the park. The playground area, shelters, and ballfields will be on your right.
Click to enlarge
1. Shelter #1 - Large, off of 16th St, by the Pool. (HA)
2. Shelter #2 - Small, on playground side of parking lot.
3. Shelter #3 - Small, closest to playground equipment. (HA)
4. Shelter #4 - Small, on ballfield side of parking lot.
5. Shelter #5 - Small, on ballfield side of parking lot.
6. Swimming Pool, restrooms, concession stand
7. Basketball Court
9. John Mais Field
10. Palmer Nichols Field
11. Restrooms and Concession
12. Blue Young Field
13. Bob Case Field
14. North Field
15. Field #2
16. Mandy Thomas Field
17. David Schick Instructional Field
18. Shelter House #6
19. Play Equipment